85 Computer Science Essay Topics
January 21, 2019
The choice of an interesting topic for the preparation of the scientific work often bewilders not only young scientists but also researchers with experience. While the latter may rely on existing works, young scientists, in the search of an interesting idea, often resort to the Internet. Here is a list of the 85 most interesting topics for the research in the field of computer science.
Informatics as a Science and as a Type of Practical Activity
- History of the development of computer science.
- Informatics and management of social processes.
- Information systems.
- Automated control systems.
- Automated research systems.
- Computer science and mathematics.
- Informatics and natural sciences.
- The computer as a historical factor.
- Computer revolution: social perspectives and consequences.
- The path to the computer society.
- Informatics in the activities of a lawyer.
- Rules of etiquette when working with a computer network.
- Protection of information on the Internet.
- Information basis for economic management.
- Information business.
- The latest inventions in the field of computer technology.
- Transfer of information.
- Discretization of continuous messages.
- Subjective properties of information.
- Analog computers.
- Continuous and discrete information.
- Information and entropy.
- Probability and information.
- The problem of measuring information.
- Value approach to information.
- Semantic information.
- Attributive and functional concept of information.
- Information and evolution of wildlife.
- Information processes in inanimate nature.
- Reflection and information.
- Matter, energy, and information.
- Cognition, thinking and information.
- Picture of the world and information.
- Properties of information resources.
- Information and consciousness.
- Number systems of the ancient world.
- Roman numeral system. Representation of numbers in it and solving arithmetic problems.
- History of coding information.
- Symbols and alphabets for encoding information.
- The main results of the coding theory.
- Modern methods of coding information in computing.
Algorithm and its Properties
- The history of the formation of the concept of "algorithm."
- Famous algorithms in the history of mathematics.
- The problem of the existence of algorithms in mathematics.
- Means and languages of the description (representation) of algorithms.
- Methods for developing algorithms.
Algorithm Concept Formalization
- The problem of algorithmic solvability in mathematics.
- The founders of the theory of algorithms.
- Basic definitions and theorems of the theory of recursive functions.
- Problems of computability in mathematical logic.
- Turing machine.
- The life cycle of software systems.
- Methods of designing software systems.
- The modular approach to programming.
- Structural approach to programming.
- The object approach to programming.
- Declarative programming approach.
- Parallel programming.
- Evidence based programming.
- History of programming languages.
- Language of computer and person.
- Object-oriented programming.
- Non-procedural programming systems.
- Artificial intelligence and logic programming.
- Data manipulation languages in relational models.
- Macro programming in the Microsoft Office environment.
- Programming in HTML, JAVA.
- Publishing system TEX as a programming system.
- Modern programming paradigms.
- Software word processing systems for MS-DOS.
- Software word processing systems under WINDOWS.
- Spreadsheets for WINDOWS.
- Software systems for processing graphic information under MS-DOS.
- Modern computer graphics. CorelDraw and Photoshop.
- Computer animation. 3D Max and others.
- Software systems for processing scanned information.
- Multimedia systems. Computer and music.
- Multimedia systems. Computer and video.
- Review of computer games.
- Database management systems under MS-DOS and WINDOWS.
- Control systems for distributed databases.
- Training systems. Means of creating electronic textbooks.
- Educational systems. Means of creating systems for diagnostics and knowledge control.
- Network and telecommunication service programs.